Meet Lucy Single, an Australian rules footballer playing for Gold Coast in the AFL Women's competition (AFLW) & We Are Feel Good Inc. Ambassador.
When Lucy was younger, she didn’t make a lot of AFL representative teams but now she’s playing at the highest level and enjoying every moment of it. Playing a male dominated sport, Lucy hopes to inspire younger girls to never give up and to continue to chase their dreams no matter what they may be.
We sat down with Lucy and asked her a few questions:
1. Describe yourself in three words.
Competitive, laid back and driven
2. So, tell us a little bit about what’s been going on – the AFLW season has just started for 2021, what does that mean for you?
With the season full steam ahead, I made my debut in round one against the Melbourne Demons. We have worked very hard this pre-season and are very grateful that we can continue to play footy under the current COVID-19 situation.
3. AFLW aside, what’s your favourite thing to do?
When I’m not playing AFL, I like to go to the beach, read, play guitar and be with friends and family.
4. Where did you grow up/where are you living now?
I was born on the Gold Coast however, I moved over to New Zealand as a baby where I lived for ten years. Now I’m back in the Gold Coast sun.
5. Who’s your favourite footy player?
Over the course of the years I have found it impossible to choose a favourite player. I love playing alongside players such as Leah Kaslar, Sam Virgo and Hannah Dunn because of how well they lead our team through their words and actions.
6. What’s your favourite We Are Feel Good Inc. product & why?
Without a doubt my favourite We Are Feel Good Inc. product is the Sticky Zinc. It fits my complexion perfectly. I wear it every game because it protects my skin and stays on against sweat and rain
7. It’s been a tough year for many. What’s helped you stay positive?
The continuation of football has played a huge role in staying positive this year. I am lucky enough to live in QLD where we have managed to contain COVID-19, meaning I was still able to continue to see friends and family.
Welcome to the team Lucy!