In honour of International Women’s Day, we'd like to introduce the newest members to #TeamFeelGood - meet volleyball duo, Georgia Johnson and Jasmine Fleming. It’s their first season together as teammates and they’ve already claimed a Gold Medal earlier this year in Canberra. Needless to say, we are really looking forward to watching the rest of their season unfold.
As you already know, We Are… the official sponsor of Volleyball Australia for the second year in a row and are honoured to have such amazing female athletes join our team. Come on girls, let’s #spreadthefeelgood!
So, Georgia and Jasmine...
1. Describe yourself in three words.
G: Passionate, caring, tenacious.
J: Curious, passionate, competitive.
2. So, tell us a little bit about what’s been going on – the 2023 competition is full steam ahead, what does that mean for you? What does the year ahead look like?
G & J: We won Gold at the first National Tour event of the year in Canberra. We will finish out the domestic season this March with two more National Tour events in Wollongong and Coolangatta, along with two World Tour events in New Zealand and Coolangatta. We will then head overseas to start our Olympics and World Champs qualification in Asia, then to join the World Tour in Europe. It’s going to be an exciting year ahead!
3. What’s your favourite thing to do when you’re not training or competing?
G: I hang out with my 7 month old baby niece.
J: I love to cook!
4. Where did you grow up/where are you living now?
G: I grew up in Brisbane, but after graduating from school, I lived in Atlanta in the US for 4 years and on the Sunshine Coast for 2 years.
J: I’m a Brissy gal - born and raised.
5. What’s your favourite We Are Feel Good Inc. product & why?
G: I love the SPF 50+ Lip Balms because they keeps my lips luscious while protecting me from the sun.
J: The Signature Sunscreen SPF 50+ because of the way it feels on my skin - feels like nothing other than a moisturiser!
6. What helps you stay positive and active during tough or busy times?
G: Time with family always recharges me and keeps me positive.
J: Music helps me get stuff done, whether it be grinding through uni, cleaning or a tough training day.