We think there is nothing more exciting than planning & packing for an overseas holiday - and where else to travel during the Australian winter months than to the European sunshine! We have researched the 5 hotspots you cannot miss on your travels and our holiday suitcase essentials, from Turkish towels to magazines and of course... sunscreen.
Enjoy browsing our list of where to go & what to pack for your European summer holiday!
First stop: Barcelona, Spain
The perfect mix of city and beach escape, Barcelona delivers all the goods!
5 Must-Do's in Barcelona:
1. Go for a swim at Barceloneta Beach and sip on fresh Mojitos sold by street vendors.
2. Wander around Park Güell and soak in the stunning views of the city and beyond.
3. Sample the local cuisine at Champagneria (did someone say $2 for a glass of Spanish cava?).
4. Take your holiday snap out the front of La Sagrada Familia.
5. Hop on a train and visit nearby Sitges for beautiful beaches and long lunches.
Image by @annstaaa
Second stop: Munich, Germany
Work up a hunger strolling around the city before indulging in Bavarian food & beer!
5 Must-Do's in Munich:
1. Watch local surfers killing it in on the artificial river wave on the Eisbach in the English Gardens.
2. Sample the local cuisine at a traditional beer garden (our fave: Hofbräu at the Wiener Platz).
3. Go for a stroll around Glockenbachviertel, one of Munich's most picturesque districts, filled with boutiques, buzzing restaurants and locals enjoying an after-work beer outside.
4. Eat & drink your way through local and international delicacies at the Viktualienmarkt with some of Munich's most beautiful churches as the backdrop.
5. Go on a day trip to visit lake Eibsee and take the cable car up Germany's highest mountain, the Zugspitze.
Image by @lale.d
Third stop: Mallorca, Spain
Hop on a short plane ride to a Spanish island paradise, Mallorca, for the ultimate island escape!
4 Must-Do's in Mallorca:
1. Rent a car and get lost exploring the beautiful coastal villages and beaches. Must-stops: Illetas, Cala Mondragó, Cala Figuera, Cala Mesquida, Cap de Pera Lighthouse and Sa Calobra.
2. Wander around the cobbled streets of Palma de Mallorca and shop up a storm (these Spanish brands are much cheaper than anywhere else in Europe or abroad!).
3. Visit the artist town Deià on the west coast and head down for a swim in the picturesque bay Cala de Deià. In cooler months, hike to Valdemossa, a nearby charming village.
4. Sample the local cuisine - you cannot miss indulging in Mallorcan olives, sobrasadas (a type of pork sausage) and local wines! Visit the Mercat de Santa Catalina in Palma de Mallorca for the ultimate culinary experience.
Image by @lumadeline
Fourth stop: Paris, France
The ultimate French city escape, beat the crowds and heat. Tip... visit from mid-September!
5 Must-Do's in Paris:
1. Walk up the stairs to the Eiffel tower (skip the elevator!) and have a late-afternoon picnic on the grass afterwards.
2. Spend a day museum hopping - you cannot miss; the world's largest and most impressive museum, the Louvre which houses the Mona Lisa; Centre George Pompidou for one of the world's largest collections of modern art; Musée d’Orsay, set within a renovated train station, you can admire the original works of Monet, Renoir, van Gogh and Toulouse-Lautrec to name a few!
3. Wander around the Marais district, one of the most beautiful parts of Paris, and browse local and international designer boutiques and indulge in mouthwatering Jewish cuisine.
4. Wine & dine! A trip to Paris wouldn't be complete without eating and drinking all day every day. From your morning espresso accompanied by a pain au chocolate to lunchtime wines, our favourites are; Kong Restaurant for a fancy lunch above the rooftops of the city, Le Petit Marché for the perfect French dinner followed by drinks at the speak-easy bar Candelaria.
5. Go on a hop-on-hop-off river cruise and stop at all the sights you have on your bucket list because why would you bother being stuck in traffic when you can soak in the beautiful city while cruising along the Seine!
Image by @tbr_bastien
Fifth stop: Amalfi Coast, Italy
One of the most picturesque destinations in the world, and a traveller favourite, the Amalfi Coast shouldn't be missing from your Europe adventures!
3 Must-Do's on the Amalfi Coast:
1. You might start to see a pattern here but again - sampling the local cuisine is one of the ultimate must-do's in this Italian hotspot! Pasta, pizza & limoncello - your low-carb diet can wait! We recommend La Tagliata in Positano- with stunning views & a fun atmosphere, Mama & Papa cook a set menu (feast), featuring every traditional Italian delight your heart could ever dream of- it's just $40 EU per person.
2. Charter a local boat to explore the breathtaking coastline and soak in the views from the water. Stop at the beautiful beaches (Monterosso being our favourite!) and head to the island of Capri for sunset.
3. Bring your hiking shoes and wander along the villages to not only get the best views but also work up a hunger for more pizza & pasta! Travel from May – June or September – October to beat soaring temperatures and the summer crowds.
Image by @zcastran
WHAT TO PACK FOR YOUR EUROPEAN SUMMER HOLIDAY?
1. A tube of We Are Feel Good Inc.'s Sticky Zinc
Your face is yours forever - and even though the European sunshine might feel lovely on your skin, do yourself (and your future self!) a favour and wear our tinted, Australian made, Sticky Zinc from morning to Aperol Spritz happy hour.
2. A bikini from Triangl
You can't go wrong with a matching on-trend leopard print!
3. A Turkish towel from Summah
The lightweight towel won't only be your best friend on the beach and beyond, it also doubles as a soft scarf on the plane!
4. A bottle of We Are Feel Good Inc.'s Coconut Sunscreen Lotion SPF50
The European summer sun can be vicious - protect the beautiful skin you're in with our Coconut Sunscreen 50+ while exploring Europe's stunning beaches!
5. A soft cotton print button-up shirt from Bali Boat Shed
No better way to hide from the harsh sun rays in a stylish way!
6. A pair of UV-protected sunnies
Bringing a pair of quality sunnies is a non-negotiable, you don't want to harm those beautiful eyes of yours!
7. A woven visor from the bare sea
Ditch the typical hat and roll your visor while travelling to save (valuable) suitcase space!
8. A shell sunglasses chain from the bare sea
There is (almost) nothing better not having to worry where you placed your sunnies when living it up in Europe's sunshine - a sunglasses chain will have you (and your sunnies) covered.
9. A bottle of We Are Feel Good Inc.'s Coco Milk
The need for post-sun hydration after a day spent on the beach or venturing around Europe's sights is real! Lather your body in Coco Milk for silky, smooth skin that smells delicious!
10. A woven beach bag from the bare sea
Beat sand-filled beach bags and carry your holiday belongings in a woven beach bag. Perfect to show off your We Are Feel Good Inc. goodies!
11. A BPA-free water bottle from Healthish
The leak-proof, lightweight water bottle comes with a genius feature - time indicators remind you when you are behind on staying hydrated!